Dublin, January 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The “Omega 3 Supplements Market Size, Share and Trend Analysis Report By Source (Fish Oil, Krill Oil), By Shape (Soft Gels, Capsules), By Functionality, By End – Users, by sales channel, by region, and segment forecasts, 2020-2027 “report has been added ResearchAndMarkets.com to offer.
The global omega-3 dietary supplement market is expected to reach $ 9.88 billion by 2027 and grow at an annual growth rate of 8.4% from 2020 to 2027.
The demand for omega-3 supplements is expected to be driven by the increased adoption of the product to meet daily nutritional needs and optimal organ health by the geriatric populations in developed economies such as the US, Canada, UK and France.
In addition, from early 2020, the COVID-19 outbreak led to heightened consumer awareness of the importance of products for immunity and for boosting immunity, which is expected to fuel demand for various omega fatty acid products. It is expected that the increased uptake of gum form products with novel flavors will increase product penetration in children in the coming years.
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is an omega-3 fatty acid that contains over 93.0% of the omega-3 fats in the retina and 97.0% in the human brain. The increasing demand for DHA supplements for pregnant women is expected to drive the market due to the lack of adequate DHA in the diet. In addition, growing demand for omega-3 DHA-rich nutritional supplements from non-breastfeeding mothers is expected to drive product demand over the forecast period.
Rising chronic diseases such as stroke, arthritis, coronary artery disease and cancer are expected to drive demand for omega-3 supplements in the years to come. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), over 14 million people between the ages of 30 and 70 die each year from certain chronic diseases. Rising government support to provide consumers with low-cost preventive medicines is forecast to fuel demand for omega-3 supplements over the forecast period.
Omega-3 Supplements Market Report Highlights
- In terms of source, the krill oil-based omega-3 supplements are expected to grow at the fastest CAGR of 11.1% over the forecast period due to the growing demand for eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and DHA-based supplements among consumers worldwide.
- Based on functionality, the Cardiovascular Health segment accounted for over 37.0% of total sales in 2019. The increasing prevalence of cardiovascular disease as a result of the slow and inactive lifestyle, especially in the 30 to 40 age group, is expected to spur segment growth over the next few years.
- The market in China is expected to see significant growth in the coming years due to the increasing purchasing power of consumers. The easy online availability of these dietary supplements in the country has also increased demand in the country.
- Strong mass distribution channels, online sales and a growing number of independent mass brands from multiple companies including Optimum Nutrition; Herbalife International of America, Inc .; Now Foods. and Amway are the key drivers expected to drive demand for fish oil-based omega-3 supplements in the years to come.
- In September 2020, Aker BioMarine launched a new supply ship at Yantai Shipyard, China. The launch of the new ship has assured those involved that the lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic has not affected the company.
Key topics covered:
Chapter 1. Methodology and scope
Chapter 2. Summary
Chapter 3. Market Variables, Trends and Scope
3.1. Outlook on the branch line
3.1.1. Outlook on the mother market
3.1.2. Similar market outlook
3.2. Penetration and growth perspective mapping
3.3. Analysis of the industry’s value chain
3.3.1. Analysis of the most important commodity trends
3.3.2. Procurement best practices
3.3.3. Technology overview
220.127.116.11. Manufacturing trends
3.3.4. Profit margin analysis
18.104.22.168. Average sales price analysis
3.3.5. Sales channel analysis
3.3.6. Analysis of the supplier selection criteria
3.4. Legal framework
3.4.1. Standards and conformities
3.4.3. Regulation on food supplements
3.5. Omega-3 Supplements Market: Market Dynamics
3.5.1. Market driver analysis
3.5.2. Analysis of market restrictions
3.5.3. Industry challenges
3.6. Business Environmental Tools Analysis: Omega-3 Supplements Market
3.6.1. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.6.2. PESTLE analysis
3.7. Analysis of important strategic deals and strategic alliances
3.8. Effects of COVID-19
Chapter 4. Omega-3 Supplements Market: Source Estimates and Trending Analysis
4.1. Omega-3 Supplements Market: Source Movement Analysis, 2019 & 2027
4.2. Fish oil
4.3. Krill oil
4.4. Algae oil
Chapter 5. Omega-3 Supplements Market: How To Make Estimates And Trending Analysis
5.1. Omega-3 Supplements Market: Shape Motion Analysis, 2019 & 2027
5.4. Soft gels
Chapter 6. Omega-3 Supplements Market: Functional Estimates and Trending Analysis
6.1. Omega-3 Supplements Market: Functional Analysis, 2019 & 2027
6.2. Cardiovascular health
6.2.1. Market Estimates and Forecasts, 2016-2027 (USD million)
6.3. Brain, nervous system and mental health
6.4. Eye diseases
Chapter 7. Omega-3 Supplements Market: End-User Estimates and Analysis of Trends
7.1. Omega-3 Supplements Market: Consumer Movement Analysis, 2019 & 2027
7.4. Pregnant woman
Chapter 8. Omega-3 Supplements Market: Distribution Channel Estimates and Trend Analysis Trend
8.1. Omega-3 Supplements Market: Distribution Channel Movement Analysis, 2019 & 2027
Chapter 9. Omega-3 Supplements Market: Regional Estimates and Trend Analysis
9.1. Regional motion analysis & market share, 2019 & 2027
9.2. Omega-3 Supplements Market: Regional Exercise Analysis, 2019 & 2027
Chapter 10. Competitive Landscape
10.1. Global player & current developments & their effects on the industry
10.2. Important company / competition categorization (key innovators, market leaders, emerging players)
10.3. Provider landscape
10.3.1. List of the most important distributors and Chanel partners
10.3.2. Key customers
10.4. Public companies
10.5. Private company
Chapter 11. Company Profiles
- Nordic Naturals, Inc.
- NutriGold Inc.
- Reckitt Benckiser Group plc
- Pharma Nord BV
- i-Health, Inc.
- Aker BioMarine AS
- Luhua Biomarine (Shandong) Co., Ltd.
- Pharmavite LLC
- KD Pharma Group
- NOW groceries
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Natrol LLC
- Carlson Laboratories
- Optimal Nutrition, Inc.
- GO Pharma
- Vital Choice Wild Seafood & Organics, Spc
- The Nature’s Bounty Co.
Please visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/w897kh for more information on this report
Research and Markets also offers custom research services that provide focused, comprehensive, and tailored research.